Wednesday 21 August 2019

DFI Day 9: Revision

DFI Day 9: REVISION

If it’s worth teaching, it’s worth capturing

If it’s worth learning, it’s worth capturing

Ubiquitous is a big word for Anywhere, Anytime, Any Place and from Anyone.
Digital Technology is definitely UBIQUITOUS!
Effective teaching practice running alongside digital technology to transform learning and teaching experiences means that there are better opportunities for quality learning.  That you can rewind it, play it back, and then keep doing that if you still don't get it.  No matter where you are, what time it is or who is OR ISN'T around you.  

I like the idea of capturing learning and teaching and being in DFI means that I now have a better understanding of how digital technology can drive learning.  I am a strong believer in the relationships that we build with our students and if digital technology is so ubiquitous, I wonder if some students will choose to learn at home as opposed to an actual classroom? That poses both positive and negative thoughts, however for myself as a professional, I will continue to develop my competency and knowledge of digital technology so that my students are able to access learning and teaching ubiquitously.  

The skills that I have gained through DFI will also benefit other areas in my life that require visibilty and access to information. Definitely thankful for the time that we were given to upskill and learn amongst like minded colleagues who were also able to take on the challenge of upskilling.  Our students, whānau and school community will benefit from the skills that we have gained in DFI and I would like to say a big 'Thank You' for this opportunity to learn.  


Image result for google level 1 badge




No comments:

Post a Comment

BOIC TOD: He Waka Eke Noa

 He waka eke noa!  Working together! Today was our first Teacher Only Day here at kura and I was lucky enough to be part of the Professional...