Wednesday 26 June 2019

DFI Day 4: Collaborate Sites

Manaiakalani Kaupapa and Pedagogy:

Today I learnt that Learn, Create, Share does not always happen in that order. Through the tasks that we covered, there were continual shifts between the creating and sharing and this lead to further learning which enabled tasks to be completed at a higher level. Learn, Create, Share... Learn, Share, Create... and in my case Learn, Create, Learn some more, Share...

Improving my Confidence, Capability and Workflow as a Professional:

By being digitally fluent I feel that I am able to purposefully create multi modal sites that will enhance the learning opportunities not only for the students, but also myself.  This will open up a greater resource base, utilizing a range of tools that will make learning more diverse.  Using technology is a tool and I will always include kanohi ki te kanohi (face to face) collaboration in my classes to build the relationships, communication and organisation skills needed for life. 

It was great having Dion with us today.  Lots of kōrero around Matariki and how we can utilize what we're learning to our Māori Department.

Sharing my learning with my learners:

I look forward to creating websites that will help students to work at their varying levels and enable them to go back and recap on what has been covered.  Check out this practice website that I created:


Blogging will also be a big goal for my classes next week. 

Improving my Confidence, Capability and Workflow in my Personal Life:

If I put in the time now to create a solid website, this will make it easier in the long run.
I must get my butt into gear because...

2 comments:

  1. Some great learning and reflecting happening Patsy. It is great to set yourself goals, and blogging is one that will have a huge impact on your students achievement and engagement with school. Your site isn't linked in your blog post. I would be keen to have a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsy
    Just thought I would look at the DFI blogs. It's great to see that you are learning so much . I think as you make your sites and share with your students you will find they will give possible feedback to you and this will spur you onto to greater things.

    ReplyDelete

BOIC TOD: He Waka Eke Noa

 He waka eke noa!  Working together! Today was our first Teacher Only Day here at kura and I was lucky enough to be part of the Professional...